Friday, August 6, 2010

Tool #10: Exploring Mobile Technology and Apps

Hear Planet is an app that would be perfect for my classes as my students explore different places in the world.  From the description of this app, they would see images of various places and listen to a narrator tell them information about that place. 

Also, they even have a Hangman apps.  Talk about taking an age old game and bringing it into the 21st century.  In a fun way, it calls on the kids to use their word awareness as they play and try to figure out the missing letters.

I used several I-touches with my students for research.  While I personally would not have to try to do major research on such a small device (compared to a laptop), my students didn't mind, and in fact were quite excited to try it out.  I did sort of wonder if the novelty is what drew their attention, and if it would be lasting.  I think it is a good tool, as long as we also have access to laptops or PCs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment